Summer beauty 2018

by - 12:46 pm


As you might be aware the UK has been experiencing a little heatwave this summer. I mean we go on and on about the weather here but never seem to be happy.  I mean it. We are either complaining about the cold keeping us inside and frosty or the heat sweltering us.  Myself included. The heatwave has been lovely unless your pregnant and already have your own built-in little hot water bundle. Then it can be rather tricky to stay well cool.  It has even affected my make up bag - for the better though.

I found that with this little summer of heat I have had to adapt to lighter and fresher make up. When I can be bothered to wear it that its. I have discovered some new products on the high street, that is the drug store for anyone from the US, and rediscovered some of my high-end products. I thought I would share with you whats been filling my make up bag this summer.

Olay BB Cream (med) - (Here) BB cream is great for when you are not feeling the need for foundation but would like a little colour on your face. I use Olay BB cream with SPF especially good for being in the sunshine whether at home or away.

Soap & Glory One heck of a bolt primer - (Here) With all the heat we have been having here recently a primer is a necessity for any makeup base. I really like the Soap & Glory primer because of the price tag, £11 and because it does not feel sick on my skin.

Rimmel London Stay matt powder (005 Silky Beige) - (Here) I was out recently and forgot to bring a powder with me so picked up The Rimmel London one for only £3.99. I can honestly say I have not used another since. I mean what is there to say, it works and for under £5 if it bracks in my handbag-I am not going to be mega disappointed.



Soap & Glory Matt lip (Choccoberry) - (Here) I always pick up the little Soap & Glory lip crayons, they are great for your handbag and do not dry out as much as other brands. At £3.50 it also will not break the bank if you lose them like I often do.

Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palette (The golden goddess) - (Here) The golden goddess palette is just brilliant for summer when you have a little tan. Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palettes are basically a how to do your eyes making it very easy to get that chic look without putting much effort in.

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow (fair-med) - (Here) Filmstar bronzer and glow is a brilliant little duo. The bronzer is none muddy and the highlight is subtle.

Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick (Penelope Pink) - (Here) I am more of a high-end lipstick person than the drug store, and you do not really get more lux than Charlotte Tilbury. Penelope Pink is a very easy colour to wear for night and day.

Tarte under the sea concealer (light) - (Here) I love this concealer. Tarte is one of my ultimate makeup brands and I hate they have not branched out properly into the UK. Tarte, get it together and open a store in Scotland, please. The under the sea concealer is light and easy to use especially for my under eyes or highlighting the face.

You May Also Like

0 comments