My new role as a cancer patient

by - 8:36 am


Asos leggings | New Look boots | Silver Cross Pram | Tescos Jumper


This year I was lucky enough to add mummy to my CV. My beautiful daughter was born via emergency section this August and I could not be happier. She is the most amazing little human I have ever met and she brings such joy to my life.

Having an emergency section was harder than I thought, I was in agony for weeks but the hardest part was 2 weeks after Aj was born. During the surgery the Doctors found a cyst which was removed and a biopsy done. 2 weeks later, the results were in and they were not good. I was told they had detected a rare type of cancer and would need treatment as soon as possible. I was distraught, petrified and confused. I had no symptoms you see, and there was no indication of the cyst during any of my prenatal appointments.  As I type this up, I still find it hard to take in.

Mummy and Aj

The worst part was telling those I love. Trying to understand what's going on and explain it to others is overwhelming. I was constantly worried I would upset my family and friends. I was worried that they would change the way they treat me. I was worried they could not cope and it would make them unwell. I was also worried it would cause people to hide away from me and make me feel isolated. I have used was quite a lot in the last few sentences. My family and friends are upset for me, they are scared and confused but most of all they are there.  I am so lucky to have people who are willing to give up their time, their homes and their precious laughter.

So now on my CV, I have to add Cancer patient. It is not a role I ever wanted or would ever wish on anyone. I do not know how well I will be at a cancer patient or how long for. That is just something I will have to live with, and living at the moment is the most important thing ever.

baby Aj born August 2018

You May Also Like

0 comments