Dream designer pieces for my wardrobe

by - 11:00 am

Designer dreams

I believe at a certain age you no longer want to buy multiple pieces for your wardrobe. I think at 30 I reached this milestone. I find myself wanting to have a slimline wardrobe of items I want to wear, not just hold onto in case they might come in hand at some point.  I also want to invest in my clothes, having items last the season rather than buying cheaply and expecting one only or 2 seasons.

I am not going to lie, I do not have unlimited funds to buy designer pieces. I am very grateful for, what I can afford and would never consider getting into debt to wear a designer pair of shoes or carry a fabulous handbag. I do believe in window shopping and taking inspiration from those dreamy pieces.  With this in mind, I have selected a few pieces that will inspire my wardrobe for the next few seasons.

YSL Shopper | here 

YSL Large Grained leather shopper £685. I adore this YSL bag and dream of purchasing it. I can see myself walking about with it as my daily handbag and every time I see it on Instagram I want to run out in by it. However, at nearly £700 I just cannot justify such a purchase. So this heads into the dream purchase column.

YSL Crossbody | Here

YSL Monogram Leather Crossbody bag £770. The ultimate dream bag, beside a Chanel obviously.  This chic YSL bag is classic and timeless. Maybe if I win the lottery, not even a big win just around say £800!


Manolo Blahnik Pumps | Here 

Manolo Blahnik Patent BBR Pumps 90 £495.  I know a black pair of pumps would be more practical for most but to me, a nude pair is the most versatile.  They go with anything; jeans, dresses, shorts if you think about it.  I love the way a nude pair of heels will lengthen my legs especially when I have a tan.

Gucci Leather Slippers | Here

Gucci Leather Princetown Slippers £515. I don't know if these are a trend or not but they are lovely. Loafers are just so versatile like a nude pair of heels, you can wear then with most items but they look so classy too.


Max Mara Coat | Here 


Max Mara Arona short wool wrap coat £650.  I really want a tan coloured coat for winter this year. I tried desperately to find one last year but the styles never suited. I have a pink coat already in this style and I am hoping the high street will make a suitable alternative to this £650 one.



Barbour Trench | Here

Barbour Trench Coat £219.  I love a trench coat but do not want to look too much like inspector gadget. This Barbour one is lower end than a Bulbery one and is heading up my dream wishlist.


Zimmerman | Here

Zimmerman ready to wear £200 on sale.  Every post on Instagram seems to be of a Zimmerman dress and this one is my favourite. I love a little white dress especially in the summer and leading into Autumn.  I also like how this dress is reduced in price to £200 so if you're in the position to purchase a little Zimmerman number check it out now.

Well, now that I have spent my monopoly money and filled my shopping basket with some dream pieces I need to find high street alternatives. I feel a follow-up post coming on! 

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Loved all the items you had on your list! Especially the YSL bag that's like a dream bag of mine if I ever won the lottery! Loving the colours too x

    ReplyDelete