A Glasgow Girls - NYC

by - 2:12 pm

Asos Top/ Primark Shorts/ Converse Trainers/
Primark Rucksack/ Forever21 Aviators


It seems like a lifetime ago I was in New York, So much has changed since then: I have bought a house, gotten married and now I am pregnant with our first baby. But how I dream of going back, for now, I will need to place that dream on hold but that doesn't mean I can reminisce and give a little advice for your travels. 



New Look white-t/Primark Shorts/ Forver21 Boots
Forever21 Sun Glasses
Gossip Girl is a lie, you need comfort in New York.

Now if you're like me your research into New York, would be based on shows like Sex in the city, Gossip Girl, And The City. The fashion of these shows will set your standards high for walking the sidewalks of Manhattan. 

However, Manhattan has a lot of lands to cover for a small Island and you do a lot of walking during the day. Especially if the weather is great, we went in September the weather was in the 30's which was brilliant. I would recommend bringing a comfy pair of shoes - these white converse I bought whilst in NYC best $50 I spent. Also, buy some blister plasters not glamorous but defo a necessity. 

Asos Top/ Primark Shorts/ Converse Trainers/
Primark Rucksack/ Forever21 Aviators

Don't prebook to much.

Now, let me explain the statement above. I know New York is a big holiday, we for most of us its a lot of money and planning which goes into traveling there. But remember to live in the moment also.  

Its ok to prebook things, my husbands a chef so he had planned most of your dinners because they were Michelin starred. We also booked in advance Broadway tickets to see Wicked which was amazing. We had bought the Official New York CityPASS (here), Which I would highly recommend. However, you have to leave time to explore, have a few free days or afternoons to let your feet take you on an adventure. Also with advanced booking tourist attractions, look at the location of each one and see if you can multi-task into one day. To open up time in your diary or miss them out altogether. The weather was too brilliant to be inside, so we skipped the museums and wondered for hours around the city. 
New Look White-T/ New Look Pinafore Dress
 Primark Bag/
Forver21 boots/ Forver21 Sun Glasses

When I look back, New York to me is a magical place. Its fast pace and noise is nothing like any other city, I have been to. Have you been to London on a busy summers day? well, it like that but only 1000 times better! To be honest, you really can't describe it, just book a ticket and go. (Expedia

You May Also Like

0 comments